We all know that when we smile its an expression of happiness, but did you know that your smile can be connected to your physical health and emotional wellbeing? Over time our smile can suffer decay, wear and tear, periodontal disease, injury and even may end up with tooth loss. Having gaps in your smile can not only negatively impact the functionality of your bite but can also hurt your confidence and how you live your day to day life.
At the office of Dr. Guariglia and Dr. Goldberg, we offer practical dental solutions that can get you back to chewing comfortably and smiling with confidence. For patients missing a tooth, dental implants may be an excellent choice.
Why should you get a dental implant?
The human body has a natural tendency to fill gaps or voids. Think about it: When you scrape your knee, red blood cells flood to the area where the injury occurred to begin the healing process. Similarly, when you lose a tooth, your other teeth begin to shift out of position to fill in the gap left from the missing tooth. This can cause overcrowding in areas of your mouth or even lead to your jawbone weakening. Eventually this can lead to more severe dental issues. Dental implants fill the gap, adding a support structure to keep your jaw intact and prevent teeth from shifting out of position. Perhaps even better yet, dental implants are an attractive and natural looking solution to filling gaps and rejuvenating your confident smile.
So what is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a tooth replacement that includes an artificial “root” of the tooth. The root of the implant looks and acts similarly to a screw, fixing your implant securely in place to restore your smile to its natural health, function and appearance.
Is getting a dental implant painful?
At the office of Dr. Guariglia and Dr. Goldberg, our excellent team of experienced, compassionate and skilled dental professionals, equipped with state-of-the-art dental technology, provide a nearly painless restoration.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Dental implants are durable and a long-lasting solution to replace missing teeth.
- They are convenient! Unlike removable dentures, once a dental implant is placed, it’s there to stay.
- Easy chewing! With dental implants there’s no need to worry about having difficulty eating certain foods. With dental implants you can chew confidently and comfortably, just as natural teeth would allow you to.
- Dental implants look natural, and restore your smile to its proper look and function.
- Dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting into gaps left by missing teeth.
Call today to schedule your appointment. 203.866.8585.